Amitabh Bachchan Liked My Script: Resul Pookutty
A file photo of Resul.
Mumbai: Academy Award-winning sound designer Resul Pookutty is all set to turn director and has approached megastar Amitabh Bachchan for his debut project. Resul says once the dates of the Piku star, who has liked the script, are confirmed, the project will start.
"The process is already on. I've locked my first script. I approached Bachchan sir. He read it and liked it. I am just waiting for his date at one level. Everything is shaping up well," he told PTI.
Though he has worked on several high-budget action movies like Robot, Ra.One and even the upcoming 2.0, Resul's directorial debut will be a drama. "Personally I quite like drama. The first script that I narrated to him (Bachchan) is a drama. But we still haven't finalised on what we are doing and when. But want him in my film. I hope the collaboration is exciting," he said.
The 45-year-old artist, who has worked on films in several languages, will be making the movie in Hindi as he wants to give back to the industry, which gave him everything. When asked if the film will be bilingual, Resul said, "It's in Hindi. I want to make films in Hindi, talk to my Hindi audience. I've been away from the regional space for many years and Hindi film industry is what has made me. Mumbai is my home," he said.
"They gave me everything. Even when I criticise my industry, I'll also say they gave me my space, understood me and allowed me to grow. What I am today, all the recognition I've received all over the world is because of here," he said.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up
- NOT SO WELL DRESSED?Anurag Thakur's No to BCCI CEO's Request for Italian Suits for Indian Team