Amitabh Bachchan Shares an Emotional Post After Aishwarya Rai's Father's Demise
Image: Yogen Shah
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan took social media to mourn the death of actress and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's father Krishnaraj Rai.
"Death has but one end... And words cannot define it," Amitabh posted on Twitter on Saturday night.
While grieving about the loss on his blog, he wrote, "Glimpses of reactions in the mind, of the lost one, of those that shall reflect on the lost one and suddenly then in the midst of sorrow and grief among the grieved and grieving."
"That walk to the ultimate destination and the reality... Embracing the tragedy, the discussions on its transport, its rituals, its formalities... The custom, the tradition, the visitors with the sadness and the embrace of consolation, the last rites, the carriage, the placement, the cremation... What to say what to put out where to put to... All laden with grief and departure," he added.
Krishnaraj Rai was under intensive care at the Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai and passed away on Saturday after a brief illness.
Krishnaraj's funeral was held on Saturday night at the city's Vile Parle Seva Sansthan Shamshan Bhoomi, where a host of film celebrities paid their last respects.
Recommended For You
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- Remembering Vinod Khanna: 15 Films That Celebrate The Actor's Legacy
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users