Amy Jackson Yet to Sign Southern Remake of Queen
Image: Yogen Shah
Chennai: Actress Amy Jackson, who might reprise Lisa Haydon's role in the southern remake of Vikas Bahl's Queen, is yet to sign on the dotted line, a source said.
"Although the makers have approached Amy to play Lisa's part, she hasn't officially signed the project. It's too early to say that she's on board because the negotiations are still underway," a source from the film's unit told IANS.
The critically acclaimed film is all set to be remade in all the four southern languages.
While Tamannaah Bhatia has been confirmed to play the lead in the Tamil version, Amala Paul and Parul Yadav are rumoured to reprise Kangana Ranaut's part in the Malayalam and Kannada versions respectively.
Actress-filmmaker Revathi will helm the Tamil version. It's not yet clear who will direct the film in Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.
According to reports, Prakash Raj might direct the Kannada version of the film.
"Except for Revathi and Tamannaah and Suhasini, the makers haven't finalised anyone yet. However, they're in talks with a lot of people," he added.
Actress Suhasini Mani Ratnam will pen the dialogues for the Tamil version.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?