Amy Jackson Yet to Sign Southern Remake of Queen
Image: Yogen Shah
Chennai: Actress Amy Jackson, who might reprise Lisa Haydon's role in the southern remake of Vikas Bahl's Queen, is yet to sign on the dotted line, a source said.
"Although the makers have approached Amy to play Lisa's part, she hasn't officially signed the project. It's too early to say that she's on board because the negotiations are still underway," a source from the film's unit told IANS.
The critically acclaimed film is all set to be remade in all the four southern languages.
While Tamannaah Bhatia has been confirmed to play the lead in the Tamil version, Amala Paul and Parul Yadav are rumoured to reprise Kangana Ranaut's part in the Malayalam and Kannada versions respectively.
Actress-filmmaker Revathi will helm the Tamil version. It's not yet clear who will direct the film in Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.
According to reports, Prakash Raj might direct the Kannada version of the film.
"Except for Revathi and Tamannaah and Suhasini, the makers haven't finalised anyone yet. However, they're in talks with a lot of people," he added.
Actress Suhasini Mani Ratnam will pen the dialogues for the Tamil version.
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- What’s new?OnePlus 3T Launched at Rs 29,999: All You Need to Know
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet