Arya to Play the Villain in The Great Father
A file photo of Arya.
Chennai: Tamil film actor Arya, who has so far played cameo roles in Malayalam films such as Urumi and Double Barrel, will be essaying a full-length antagonist's role in upcoming The Great Father in the language.
"Arya has been finalised as the villain. Unlike the regular portrayal of baddies in southern cinema, his role will stand out and appeal to the audiences. He is expected to join the sets soon," a source from the film's unit told IANS.
Arya will lock horns with actor Mammootty in the film, which is being directed by debutant Haneef Adeni.
The project also stars Tamil actress Sneha, who is making a comeback after being away on a maternity break.
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- BJP Terms Family Feud in Samajwadi Party as 'Fixed Match'
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Shivpal Yadav Vacates Official Residence
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'