Ashwin Saravanan's Next is a Drama-Based Script
Director Ashwin Saravanan, who made a splash last year with Nayanthara-starrer Tamil horror-thriller ‘Maya’, will next direct a subject that he considers very personal.
Chennai: Director Ashwin Saravanan, who made a splash last year with Nayanthara-starrer Tamil horror-thriller ‘Maya’, will next direct a subject that he considers very personal. It will be on a theme that has affected him strongly.
"Unlike 'Maya', my next film is a drama-based script. As a subject, it's something very personal and has affected me strongly. It needs actors who can see a bit of themselves in the story. I'm yet to finalise the lead cast," Ashwin told IANS.
Slated to go on the floors in October, the yet-untitled project will be produced by Harikrishnan.
"After 'Maya', I didn't sign any new project because I wanted to work with a producer who really understands the need of a script and its director. I've known Hari since I was working on 'Maya', and we've been thinking of working together. Things finally materialised for this project," he said.
Ron Yohaan, who composed music for "Maya", will also work with Ashwin on this project.
"The entire sound team from 'Maya' has been retained. The rest of the crew will be finalised soon," he said.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India