'Azhar' Tweet Review: First Day, First Show
Will Emraan Hashmi be able to do an incredible job of playing a cricketer who was held culpable for being involved in corrupt activities and disappointing his fans?
A morally questionable match-fixing scandal, dubious bookies, and a tainted Indian cricket captain doing just about anything to clear his name - director Tony D’Souza’s ‘Azhar’ has all it takes to make for an interesting film.
‘Azhar’- which the cast Emraan Hashmi, Prachi Desai and the former Indian cricket team captain Mohammad Azharuddin refuse to refer to as a ‘biopic’- is a project that has been inspired by his life. Even though the makers have made a conscious attempt to avoid the usage of real names of a few personalities and changed datelines to ensure there is no room for stark similarities, many from the world of cricket aren’t comfortable about it. The reason? It might just divulge a lot about them and their link with the match-fixing scandal.
From delving into Azharuddin’s past to his 12-year-long legal battle to contest the life ban on cricket and his relationship with wives Naureen and Sangeeta Bijalni- the film offers everything.
Will Emraan Hashmi be able to do an incredible job of playing a cricketer who was held culpable for being involved in corrupt activities and disappointing his fans? Will the film be convincing in its attempt to expose the underbelly of the game of cricket? Will the cinematic liberties help the film? Divya Pal of News18 Movies is inside the theater to live tweet the experience.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video