Benedict Cumberbatch Acquire Rights Of Novel The End We Start From
The book, published by Picador, follows a new mother and her newborn, who are turned into refugees following an environmental crisis in the UK.
Benedict Cumberbatch attends the Virgin TV BAFTA Television Awards at The Royal Festival Hall on May 14, 2017 in London, England. (Image: Getty Images)
Los Angeles: Actor Benedict Cumberbatch's production company SunnyMarch and Hera Pictures have acquired the feature film rights to the novel The End We Start From.
Megan Hunter's much-anticipated debut novel will now be made into a film under the Sherlock actor's banner, reported Variety.
The book, published by Picador, follows a new mother and her newborn, who are turned into refugees following an environmental crisis in the UK. The two are forced to flee their home after London is submerged in flood waters, the family must search for safety in a country thrown into chaos.
"The End We Start From is a stunning tale of motherhood. Megan has crafted a striking and frighteningly real story of a family fighting for survival that will make everyone stop and think about what kind of planet we are leaving behind for our children. We're beyond thrilled to be
bringing this story to life," Cumberbatch said.
The movie will be co-produced by Hera Pictures' Liza Marshall, Adam Ackland and Game of Thrones actress Sophie Hunter.
Recommended For You
- 24th November 1989: Young Sachin Takes Test Cricket By Storm
- Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: All You Need To Know About The Newlywed's Wedding Reception Invitation Card
- 6 Steps to Help You Do More Effective Parenting
- Sonam Kapoor Makes a Splash at an Event with a Colorful Fashion Ensemble; See Pic
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown