Bhabiji Ghar Par Hai Star Saumya Tandon Gets Robbed of Rs 60,000 in Istanbul
Image: Saumya's official Instagram account
Many were shocked when the news of Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai actress Saumya Tandon being robbed of Rs 60000 in Istanbul surfaced.
If reports are anything to go by, the actress – who has garnered huge popularity for playing Anita in the Bhabi Ji Ghar Par Hai– was robbed of 1000 euros which amounts to approximately Rs 60000.
As reports say, it all happened during the cab journey when the driver yelled at her and asked her to get the change. He brought the car to a halt in the middle of the road and that's when the actress realised that the cab meter hadn’t even started.
"As soon as Saumya gave him euros, he said that they were 'wrong money' which got Saumya perplexed as both Euros an Lira, as a currency work in Turkey. As soon as Saumya opened her purse that had euros, the cabbie put his hand in the purse and distracted her by screaming and honking. When he left, Saumya checked her purse and realized that a thousand euros were stolen," Pinkvilla reported.
The actress was in Turkey for a holiday with her husband, Saurabh Devendra Singh.
The actress made her Bollywood debut in 2007 with Kareena Kapoor Khan-Shahid Kapoor's Jab We Met.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Races Past 2,00,000 Unit Sales Within 20 Months
- The Human Library Project Tries to Change the World One City at a Time
- Honor 8 Pro vs OnePlus 5: What Their Dual-Camera Will Offer
- 12 of Bollywood's Eid Releases That Created Box Office Records