BMC Issues Notice to Rishi Kapoor For Trimming a Tree in His Compound
File photo of Rishi Kapoor Image: Yogen Shah
Rishi Kapoor is the latest celebrity to come under the radar of BMC. The veteran actor has received a notice from BMC for axing a Banyan tree in his bungalow.
Mumbai Municipal Corporation has sent a notice to the actor for trimming a tree in his compound more than the permitted level and for removing all its branches. The BMC is taking it as a serious offense and is expecting a police inquiry against the actor and a contractor under the Maharashtra Protection and Preservation of Trees Act".
The tree was planted in his Krishna Raj bungalow, for which he has been issued a notice.
The actor was doing some construction work in his house, for which he took permission from BMC for trimming the tree so that it cannot obstruct movement of heavy machines during piling work. A leading daily has quoted him saying, "I am not supposed to be at the site all the time and am unaware of it. The contractor may have done it unintentionally, how come I am responsible for it? I am just being victimised unnecessarily time and again by some vested interests. I am seeking legal recourse to put an end to this harassment."
Recommended For You
- Shah Rukh Khan Ready to Sell his Pyjama to Buy MS Dhoni in IPL 2018
- LG G6 First Impressions Review: The V20 Facelift Seems Unconvincing
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It