Bored Seeing the Same Kind of Action in Bollywood: Ajay Devgn
Image: Official poster of 'Shivaay'
Mumbai: Actor Ajay Devgn, son of veteran action choreographer Veeru Devgan, says he was bored of the action sequences in Bollywood films. And that's why he has tried to up the ante in his upcoming directorial Shivaay, which also sees him as the lead actor.
"Action comes quite easy to me once I decide and I plan. This time I decided to execute... I'm bored and fed of action which we see in our films. I needed to take a step ahead," Ajay told IANS here.
The actor, who is known for his action sequences in films, says he rarely uses body double and that is why it was tough shooting for Shivaay.
"But it went of well. You keep getting injured, but there was nothing major," he added.
Shivaay is Ajay's second directorial venture after the 2008 romantic drama U Me Aur Hum.
The 47-year-old actor also believes that it would have been difficult to make a film like Shivaay five years ago.
"It would have been tougher to make this film five years ago. It's just the visual effecrs and also the mixing of live shooting. It has to be shot right, it has to be shot at the right locations and then you enhance it. Five years ago, it wouldn't have been possible," he said.
The movie marks the acting debut of Sayyeshaa Saigal, who is the grand-niece of veteran actor Dilip Kumar.
Shivaay is scheduled to release on October 28.
Recommended For You
- MOTIVATIONI Motivate Myself Talking to Shami and Bhuvneshwar: Mohit Sharma
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Keep CalmBaywatch Trailer is Out and It's Not At All About Priyanka Chopra
- Just A Good FilmDangal Doesn't Promote Me or a Sports Personality: Aamir Khan