Box Office Pressure? Never Let It Burden Me: Allu Sirish
Photo Courtesy: Twitter
Chennai: Actor Allu Sirish, nephew of megastar Chiranjeevi, says he never gets deterred by the pressure of a good box-office opening despite hailing from the family that is popular for setting and breaking records at ticket counters.
"I never let the pressure of box office opening burden me. My uncle (Pawan Kalyan) and my brother (Allu Arjun) manage to create a box office storm because they enjoy mass following, and the process didn't happen overnight. It takes time to build a huge fan base," Sirish told IANS.
Elaborating further, he said: "Even when my uncle and brother started out, their films couldn't rake in great numbers. These are the things that need to grow organically and with time. You can't wake up and decide that your next film will make so much money on the first day."
Sirish, who made his acting debut with 2013 Tamil-Telugu bilingual Gouravam, is now awaiting the release of his latest Telugu outing Srirastu Subhamastu.
"It's a film that will grow on the audience," said Sirish, who is curious and excited about the response.
"It's the kind of movie you want to watch more than once. Unlike some films, it won't leave you with fatigue after a few viewings. As much as this is a family drama, we have also amped up the romance portion to make it appealing for everybody," he said.
Directed by Parasuram, Srirastu Subhamastu, which also stars Lavanya Tripathi, will release in cinemas on Friday.
On working with the director, Sirish said: "He treated Lavanya and me as school children. He was like this headmaster who was finicky about so many things. Even a normal head nod had to be done the way he wanted it.
"Initially, we found it difficult to adapt to his style but we soon realised how beautifully he moulded us into his characters."
Sirish also thoroughly enjoyed working with Lavanya.
"She was fabulous. I think we share the best onscreen chemistry in this film. The best part about her role is that it isn't very different from her usual girl-next-door avatar. Nevertheless, she showed variation in her performance and that's what makes her stand out," he said.
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- US Asks Pak to Act Against Terror Groups Who Attack Neighbours
- Pakistan Selectors Name Unchanged Squad for 3rd Test Against West Indies
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: Shivpal Expels Akhilesh's Aide Pawan Pandey From Party
- Samajwadi Party Rift Live: Amar Singh Says Mulayam Singh In Charge, Leave Me Alone
- Samajwadi Party Feud: Mulayam Singh Yadav Has Cemented Akhilesh's Future By Playing it Out in Public
- Trump Calls Attack on ISIS in Mosul a 'Disaster', Hillary Lashes Out