Coldplay Concert in India to Raise Funds for Orphans
Image: Getty Images
New Delhi: British rock band Coldplay's maiden gig in India as part of the debut edition of the Global Citizen Festival here will raise funds for orphans across the country.
The inaugural Global Citizen Festival India will be headlined by Coldplay, Jay Z, Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Katrina Kaif, A.R. Rahman, Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor, Arijit Singh, Dia Mirza, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Monali Thakur. The event will be held here on November 19.
In its first year, the Global Citizen India movement is focusing on three major issues integral to eradicating extreme poverty quality education, gender equality and water, sanitation and hygiene.
And now, Miracle Foundation, a non-profit organization based in New Delhi and the US, have partnered with the festival to raise awareness and funds for orphans across the country.
The Miracle Foundation will be an official non-profit partner of Global Citizen India for the next 15 years, read a statement.
Other stars to join the movement are Shah Rukh Khan, cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar, Ayushmann Khurrana, Malaika Arora Khan, Parineeti Chopra, Sakshi Malik, Sonakshi Sinha and Vijender Singh.
To further this initiative, the organisers of Global Citizen India and Miracle Foundation will work with Ketto, an online crowd-funding platform, to help raise funds for children without parents.
Caroline Boudreaux, Founder of Miracle Foundation, said: "Together we look forward to making a huge impact on some of the most vulnerable children in our society today."
In addition to this association, the foundation will also be launching a social media campaign.
This six-hour concert will also feature live musical performances, stars, dancing, and short films by eminent filmmakers.
Coldplay comprises Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland, Guy Berryman and Will Champion.
Martin, who visited India last year for the Global Poverty Project to oversee innovative projects addressing sanitation in local communities, is the curator for the Global Citizen Festival.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- Cycle to Motorcycle? How Ram Gopal Yadav's Trip to EC Created a Stir
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal