Criminal Act By Producer, Action Director: Sonu Sood Reacts to Kannada Stunt Mishap
A file photo of Sonu Sood.
Mumbai: Bollywood actor Sonu Sood, who is known for his action films and recently worked with Jackie Chan on a Indo-China film Kung Fu Yoga, said that the recent incident of two actors who lost their lives while attempting a stunt was a result of irresponsible attitude of the filmmakers.
"I heard the news about the sad incident that has happened to two actors of the Kannada film while shooting a stunt. I am shocked, sad and angry at the same time! I saw the video and there was no safety precautions taken for those actors. I think it's a pure criminal act by the producer and action director; who make them jump into the water, when they didn't know how to swim! I think it is unpardonable," Sonu told IANS.
The actor who has worked in Indo-Chinese collaborative projects like "Kung Fu Yoga" with Jackie Chan and "Xuanzang", a film that has been selected as official entry for the 89th Academy Awards, says their makers took greater care.
"They are very high on taking safety measures while shooting a stunt. They have a ambulance ready on set, doctors are always present there whether we need it or not, it is so well structured.
"Though in our Bollywood, we take certain precautions but we can learn a lot from them as they are very well-equipped," he said.
Sonu, who has attempted many stunts in his films, to queries if he ever felt fear while doing any stunt, said: "If I am not comfortable doing something I don't attempt it. As an actor, we have all the right to say no if not confident, and I do the same."
Recommended For You
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- BATTLE OF THE BESTFIFA Player of The Year: Ronaldo, Messi and Griezmann To Battle It Out
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet