If it Wasn't For My Mother, I Wouldn't Be Here: Deepika Padukone Breaks Down While Talking About Depression
Deepika Padukone, who has been quite vocal about her battle with depression, broke down while speaking about the campaign at an event in Delhi. Stigmas attached to mental ailments is the main reason why this society fails in addressing this problem effectively.
The actress, who launched a social campaign through her Live Love Laugh foundation, #DOBARAPOOCHO, broke down while sharing her own experience. She said "It is important to realise that the kind of society we live in today, we have become very competitive, and drilled into it, which is a good thing, but, I also think, we have become a little less sensitive to people around us...No one should feel that they do not belong to society".
She further thanked her mother and loved ones for their continuous support. "I want to tell my mother that if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here. Thank you for being with me all through the way. Thank you to my sister, my father and friends who supported my immensely,” she said while wiping tears off her cheeks.
Recommended For You
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- 3rd T20I: England Beat South Africa by 19 Runs, Take Series 2-1
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party
- Srikanth Beats Olympic Champion Chen Long to Win Fourth Superseries