If it Wasn't For My Mother, I Wouldn't Be Here: Deepika Padukone Breaks Down While Talking About Depression
Deepika also said that if it wasn't for her mother, she wouldn't be here.
Deepika Padukone, who has been quite vocal about her battle with depression, broke down while speaking about the campaign at an event in Delhi. Stigmas attached to mental ailments is the main reason why this society fails in addressing this problem effectively.
The actress, who launched a social campaign through her Live Love Laugh foundation, #DOBARAPOOCHO, broke down while sharing her own experience. She said "It is important to realise that the kind of society we live in today, we have become very competitive, and drilled into it, which is a good thing, but, I also think, we have become a little less sensitive to people around us...No one should feel that they do not belong to society".
She further thanked her mother and loved ones for their continuous support. "I want to tell my mother that if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here. Thank you for being with me all through the way. Thank you to my sister, my father and friends who supported my immensely,” she said while wiping tears off her cheeks.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli in Touching Distance of Yet Another Milestone
- WhatsApp E2E Encryption: What Data the Police Gets And What Not
- Yamaha Fazer25 Launched in India for Rs 1.28 Lakh
- Dil Se@19: 10 Lesser-Known Facts About SRK-Manisha Koirala's Love Story
- Wayne Rooney Joins 200 Club With Goal Against Manchester City