If it Wasn't For My Mother, I Wouldn't Be Here: Deepika Padukone Breaks Down While Talking About Depression
Image Courtesy: Yogen Shah
Deepika Padukone, who has been quite vocal about her battle with depression, broke down while speaking about the campaign at an event in Delhi. Stigmas attached to mental ailments is the main reason why this society fails in addressing this problem effectively.
The actress, who launched a social campaign through her Live Love Laugh foundation, #DOBARAPOOCHO, broke down while sharing her own experience. She said "It is important to realise that the kind of society we live in today, we have become very competitive, and drilled into it, which is a good thing, but, I also think, we have become a little less sensitive to people around us...No one should feel that they do not belong to society".
She further thanked her mother and loved ones for their continuous support. "I want to tell my mother that if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here. Thank you for being with me all through the way. Thank you to my sister, my father and friends who supported my immensely,” she said while wiping tears off her cheeks.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Airtel Offers 10GB of 4G Mobile Data at Rs 259
- Nokia to Help Bharti Airtel to Expand 4G Network in India
- Gauhar Khan Joins Badrinath Ki Dulhania Cast