If it Wasn't For My Mother, I Wouldn't Be Here: Deepika Padukone Breaks Down While Talking About Depression
Deepika also said that if it wasn't for her mother, she wouldn't be here.
Deepika Padukone, who has been quite vocal about her battle with depression, broke down while speaking about the campaign at an event in Delhi. Stigmas attached to mental ailments is the main reason why this society fails in addressing this problem effectively.
The actress, who launched a social campaign through her Live Love Laugh foundation, #DOBARAPOOCHO, broke down while sharing her own experience. She said "It is important to realise that the kind of society we live in today, we have become very competitive, and drilled into it, which is a good thing, but, I also think, we have become a little less sensitive to people around us...No one should feel that they do not belong to society".
She further thanked her mother and loved ones for their continuous support. "I want to tell my mother that if it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be here. Thank you for being with me all through the way. Thank you to my sister, my father and friends who supported my immensely,” she said while wiping tears off her cheeks.
Recommended For You
- Cristiano Ronaldo Speaks About His Targets And Rivalry With Lionel Messi
- Karan Johar's Blast From The Past Will Give You a Mystery to Solve This Weekend
- Honor 7X vs Xiaomi Mi A1: The Visual Appeal Wins This Budget Battle For Honor
- Kareena, Saif Head To Pataudi Palace With Taimur To Ring In His First Birthday
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?