Demonetisation's 'Greater Good Should Help Tide Over Hardship: Kiran Rao
Rao also said that those who used plastic money were not much affected by the move, but also added that those who did not, were impacted in a major way.
Panaji: The greater good of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's demonetisation move will hopefully help tide over the hardships faced by the people, director Kiran Rao said on Tuesday.
Speaking on the sidelines of the 47th edition of the International Film Festival of India, Rao also said that those who used plastic money were not much affected by the move, but also added that those who did not, were impacted in a major way.
"Everyone has suffered from hardship because of demonetisation, but one hopes that it will settle in some time. The restrictions on withdrawal of one's own money will affect the film industry too, as it is affecting all other businesses. But we hope it is for a common greater good and the good from the policy is greater than the difficulties faced," she said.
"I do not understand economics, but on the basis of what I have read, it is a good move. People like us have not been affected much because we use plastic money. You should ask those who are affected more," Rao also said.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Receives Special Gift From MS Dhoni After Beating England
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- 'India Still Wants Apology for 2014 Champions Trophy Incident'
- Katie Rich Of S.N.L Suspended Over Barron Trump Jibe
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More