Doctor Strange Surpasses Iron Man to Become Marvel's Highest Grossing Solo Movie
Internationally, it has grossed a massive USD 410.9 million. In Asian markets, especially China and Korea, the movie earned over USD 109.6 million and USD 40.9 million respectively.
A file photo of Doctor Strange.
Los Angeles Benedict Cumberbatch-starrer Doctor Strange has become Marvel Studio's highest-grossing solo movie with USD 616 million worldwide, surpassing Iron Man starring Robert Downey Jr which grossed USD 585 million
The film opened in theaters across the globe earlier this month.
In North America, the superhero movie has collected an estimated USD 205.1 million as of this weekend, reported AceShowbiz. Internationally, it has grossed a massive USD 410.9 million. In Asian markets, especially China and Korea, the movie earned over USD 109.6 million and USD 40.9 million respectively.
The studio's other single-character movie debuts include The Incredible Hulk with USD 263 million, Thor with USD 450 million, Captain America: The First Avenger with 370 million and "Ant-Man" with USD 519 million.
Recommended For You
- Sri Lanka vs India Preview: Under-scrutiny Kohli And India Take on Struggling Hosts
- ICW 2017: Anamika Khanna Talks About Her Collection Luxury 2017
- Ralang Road Director Talks About the Film, Depiction of Minorities And More
- BCCI Keen to Support Women’s Cricket, But IPL a Distant Dream
- 'Traditional Yet Contemporary,' Say Falguni & Shane About Their Upcoming Collection