Don't Mind Playing Gay Characters: Prateik Babbar
A file photo of Prateik Babbar.
Mumbai: Actor Prateik Babbar, who recently played a gay character in one of his plays, says he would like to essay a gay character in a film as well.
Prateik told IANS: "In my first play, I played a gay character and for me as an actor, it was very challenging. But I feel I have arrived to a very special place as an actor. I didn't have any inhibitions about it."
Would he be comfortable playing a gay character in a film?
He said: "Absolutely, I would love to play a gay character on screen but it also depends a lot on the story and how it's written. I don't mind playing a gay character in a film."
He recently did a play titled Six, based on A Midnight Clear by L.B. Hamilton. It revolves around two former gay lovers.
Prateik also feels theatre is very rejuvenating.
He said: "I am doing theatre and I feel it's very rejuvenating. There is just one take to glory and there is no take two. I enjoy the process of doing theatres and it's a very satisfying experience."
His past few films, including Ekk Deewana Tha, didn't work at the box office, and he has learned a lot from his failure.
"You like when people appreciate your work. But in the recent past, my films didn't work and it has happened to me more than once. So, I have learned a lot from my failure. The good thing is I have started focusing on the right things. For me, it's all about acting and not about being popular," the 30-year-old said.
Recommended For You
- BOOM BOOM BECKERTennis Legend Boris Becker to Visit India in December
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet