Eddie Redmayne Was the First Choice for Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Director David Yates said no one else was even considered for the role of the 1920s 'magizoologist'.
A still from the film Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them.
Redmayne was filmmakers' first choice for 'Fantastic Beasts'
London Actor Eddie Redmayne was the first choice for filmmakers in the role of Newt Scamander in the "Fantastic Beasts" movies.
Director David Yates said no one else was even considered for the role of the 1920s 'magizoologist', reported Contactmusic.
"Eddie is quintessentially British, and an actor for all times, who can play a character from any time," the "Harry Potter" filmmaker said.
"Eddie is brilliant at getting under a character's skin and exploring every detail of a role, yet all that effort is invisible. All you see here is Newt, an outsider who is somewhat knotty but winning and engaging, someone you immediately invest in."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Boys Start Training With an Eye on Wanderers Pitch
- British Singer Ed Sheeran Gets Engaged to Childhood Friend Cherry Seaborn
- Filmfare Awards 2018 Red Carpet: Ranveer, Shahid, Alia and Kajol Outdo Fashion Classics
- 2018 Upcoming Sedans to Launch in India – Maruti Suzuki Ciaz, Toyota Vios And More
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More