Farhan Akhtar to Play Homi Adajania's Character in The Fakir of Venice
Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar is set to play director Homi Adajania's character in the quirky comedy The Fakir of Venice.
Photo Via Yogen Shah.
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar is set to play director Homi Adajania's character in the quirky comedy The Fakir of Venice.
According to a source in the know of developments, the real life portrayal of the unusual experiences and life events of Adajania, who has helmed films like Finding Fanny and Cocktail, will be shown in the upcoming film.
Directed by Anand Surapur and produced by Punit Desai (October Films), the film also stars Annu Kapoor, Kamal Sidhu, Italian actress Valentina Carnelutti and German actor Mathieu Carriere.
In the movie, Farhan, as a production executive, gets an unusual assignment to find an Indian holy saint who could stay under sand with only his hands visible outside.
He accepts the impossible task of finding one and ends up meeting Annu's character for the task and thus, begins a journey to Venice. How the drama unfolds in this journey, forms the main premise of the film.
It is about intense human behaviour, strong relationships regardless of language barriers, humour, conspiracy, lies and truth.
The film was shot in Mumbai, Banaras, Ladakh and Venice.
Recommended For You
- Manjrekar Feels India Needs Bowling Heroes Like Imran & Wasim
- Delhi Air Pollution – How Tesla Semi EV Truck Makes a Perfect Sense?
- No Peeking: Paris Opens Up Its First Ever Nudist Restaurant
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank