Furious 8 Mints Rs 71 Crore in India, Breaks Its Own Record
Image: Youtube/ A still from the trailer of Fate Of The Furious.
New Delhi: The Fate of the Furious, the eighth movie in the popular action franchise, has grossed Rs 71.06 crore in its opening weekend in India. The movie has broken the record of Furious 7 to become the first Hollywood movie to earn so much in its opening weekend in India.
Furious 7 hade made Rs 70.83 in its opening weekend, according to a release by Universal Pictures.
Furious 8, released on April 12, is directed by F Gary Gray, the film zoomed to an estimated USD 532.5 million global debut over Easter weekend, including USD 100.2 million in the US and a USD 432.2 million overseas.
The Fate of Furious marks the return of Vin Diesel as Dom and Michelle Rodriguez as Letty while Charlize Theron is the latest addition to the cast.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Navya Naveli Nanda Spotted on a Movie Date With a Friend
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance