Ghazi Will Be One of Its Kind: Taapsee Pannu
To be helmed by Sankalp Reddy, the film, which also stars Rana Daggubati, is touted to be India's first submarine film.
Image: Instagram/ Taapsee Pannu
New Delhi: After her latest release Pink, which won critical acclaim, actress Taapsee Pannu is gearing up for the release of her upcoming movie Ghazi which she says will be one of its kind.
"I am very proud to a part of that film ('Ghazi'). It's going to be one of its kind... India's first submarine film based on a real incident of how the (Pakistani) Ghazi submarine was sunk," Taapsee told IANS over phone from Hyderabad.
To be helmed by Sankalp Reddy, the film, which also stars Baahubali: The Beginning star Rana Daggubati, is touted to be India's first submarine film which will be about the sinking of PNS Ghazi, a Pakistani submarine.
Talking about her role in Ghazi, the 29-year-old actress said: "I play a Bangladeshi refugee and the film is due to release soon. I think it is undergoing some graphic work... It is the only period film I have done so far."
But it is unlike other period dramas, she said.
"It is not a regular costume drama period film. It is something really interesting," added Taapsee, without divulging any more details.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli & Co Sweat It Out at the Nets Ahead of Nagpur Test
- Student of The Year 2: Karan Johar Quashes Reports of Ishaan Khatter Featuring With Tiger Shroff In Film
- Delhi Air Pollution – How Tesla Semi EV Truck Makes a Perfect Sense?
- 6 Steps to Help You Do More Effective Parenting
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown