DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Good News! There Will Be More Films Within the Robot Franchise, Confirms Shankar
Mumbai: Filmmaker S Shankar, who is all set for the release of the sequel to superstar Rajinikanth's Robot, says he would like to make more film as part of the sci-fi franchise.
"Yes, of course we would like to take it ahead as it is very interesting science fiction drama. So, definitely if something comes up then we will go ahead with 3.0, 4.0, 5.0," Shankar told reporters here last evening when asked about taking the franchise forward. Shankar said working on "2.0" was a huge task and the same time a big responsibility for him.
"The film 2.0 was like having Everest on my shoulder and climbing another Everest," he added. V Srinivas Mohan who is the VFX designer for 2.0,said, that this film has effects much grander than his earlier works Robot and Baahubali. 2.0 is the sequel to 2010 release Tamil film Enthiran (Robo in Telugu and Robot in Hindi) and had Rajinikanth playing Dr Vasi and robot Chitti alongside Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
The second installment will have actor Akshay Kumar playing the antagonist. Amy Jackson also stars in the film. 2.0 is slated to release next year.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users