Guneet Monga Enjoying Jury Duty at 21st Busan Film Festival
File photo of Guneet Monga.
Busan: Indian film producer Guneet Monga is having fun watching movie after movie as a jury member of the New Current section of the ongoing 21st Busan International Film Festival.
Monga, founder of Sikhya Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which has backed movies like The Lunchbox, Gangs of Wasseypur, Masaan and Zubaan, is on the jury alongside Malian film director Souleymane Cisse, Dutch film producer Bero Beyer, Korean director Zhang Lu and Iranian director Mahmoud Kalari.
Talking about her experience, Monga said in a statement: "New Current section is for first and second time directors from all over Asia. I am fascinated to see independent films from northeast India, Iran, China, Korea, Japan and more."
As a jury member, the film festival experience is also different for Monga.
"Being a producer, I am usually doing meetings at festivals and this time being a jury, I am only seeing films. It's an amazing feeling to see three films a day with fellow jury members and audiences," she added.
The Busan International Film Festival this year started on October 6, and it will end on October 15.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show