Guneet Monga Enjoying Jury Duty at 21st Busan Film Festival
Guneet Monga is having fun watching movie after movie as a jury member of the New Current section of the ongoing 21st Busan International Film Festival.
File photo of Guneet Monga.
Busan: Indian film producer Guneet Monga is having fun watching movie after movie as a jury member of the New Current section of the ongoing 21st Busan International Film Festival.
Monga, founder of Sikhya Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which has backed movies like The Lunchbox, Gangs of Wasseypur, Masaan and Zubaan, is on the jury alongside Malian film director Souleymane Cisse, Dutch film producer Bero Beyer, Korean director Zhang Lu and Iranian director Mahmoud Kalari.
Talking about her experience, Monga said in a statement: "New Current section is for first and second time directors from all over Asia. I am fascinated to see independent films from northeast India, Iran, China, Korea, Japan and more."
As a jury member, the film festival experience is also different for Monga.
"Being a producer, I am usually doing meetings at festivals and this time being a jury, I am only seeing films. It's an amazing feeling to see three films a day with fellow jury members and audiences," she added.
The Busan International Film Festival this year started on October 6, and it will end on October 15.
Recommended For You
- Bose Dead/Alive: Rajkummar Rao, Makers Hope to Change Entertainment with the Web-Series
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- AbRam Khan Thinks that Amitabh Bachchan is Shah Rukh's Father
- Bigg Boss 11: Evicted contestant Benafsha Soonawalla Says, ‘I Played in the House With As Much Dignity As I Could’
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown