Heartening To See Women-centric Films Being Made: Vidya Balan
Vidya Balan has played strong roles in movies like 'Paa' and 'Kahaani'.
Image: Yogen Shah
New Delhi: Actress Vidya Balan, who has played strong roles in movies like Paa and Kahaani, says it is comforting that women-centric films are being made and actresses are taking up such roles.
"The role of women in the society has changed. They are no more defined by the man their lives... we have our individual lives, dreams and aspirations. We are trying to lead our lives on our own terms.
"It is heartening to see so many women-centric films being made. So many actresses are taking up such roles and these films are doing commercially well," Vidya said during a media conference here ahead of her forthcoming film "Kahaani 2".
"But the root cause for all this is change is happening around us. That is the reality and cinema is the reflection of reality," shared the actress.
Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani 2 also stars Arjun Rampal. It is slated to release on December 2.
Recommended For You
- Prithvi Shaw Joins the Likes of Tendulkar, Kohli With New Deal
- Honor 7X vs Xiaomi Mi A1: The Visual Appeal Wins This Budget Battle For Honor
- Ashes: Smith Defiant for Australia After English Collapse
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?