Heartening To See Women-centric Films Being Made: Vidya Balan
Image: Yogen Shah
New Delhi: Actress Vidya Balan, who has played strong roles in movies like Paa and Kahaani, says it is comforting that women-centric films are being made and actresses are taking up such roles.
"The role of women in the society has changed. They are no more defined by the man their lives... we have our individual lives, dreams and aspirations. We are trying to lead our lives on our own terms.
"It is heartening to see so many women-centric films being made. So many actresses are taking up such roles and these films are doing commercially well," Vidya said during a media conference here ahead of her forthcoming film "Kahaani 2".
"But the root cause for all this is change is happening around us. That is the reality and cinema is the reflection of reality," shared the actress.
Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani 2 also stars Arjun Rampal. It is slated to release on December 2.
Recommended For You
- Warner Moved by Daughter's Move to Search Him in Coffee Shop
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Life Review: Dialogues Win In This Space Battle Between Human, Alien
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart
- Yuvraj Singh Jumps in Defence of His Favourite 'Cheeku'