Heartening To See Women-centric Films Being Made: Vidya Balan
Image: Yogen Shah
New Delhi: Actress Vidya Balan, who has played strong roles in movies like Paa and Kahaani, says it is comforting that women-centric films are being made and actresses are taking up such roles.
"The role of women in the society has changed. They are no more defined by the man their lives... we have our individual lives, dreams and aspirations. We are trying to lead our lives on our own terms.
"It is heartening to see so many women-centric films being made. So many actresses are taking up such roles and these films are doing commercially well," Vidya said during a media conference here ahead of her forthcoming film "Kahaani 2".
"But the root cause for all this is change is happening around us. That is the reality and cinema is the reflection of reality," shared the actress.
Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani 2 also stars Arjun Rampal. It is slated to release on December 2.
Recommended For You
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Explore Delhi In A Day With Just Rs 500 In Your Pocket
- LFW 2017: Sneak Peek Into Monisha Jaising's Opening, Anita Dongre's Finale Show
- Amazon Removes Mahatma Gandhi Chappal Recalling Sushma Swaraj's Warning
- India vs England U-19 Series: Prithvi Shaw Headlines Squad