Heartening To See Women-centric Films Being Made: Vidya Balan
Image: Yogen Shah
New Delhi: Actress Vidya Balan, who has played strong roles in movies like Paa and Kahaani, says it is comforting that women-centric films are being made and actresses are taking up such roles.
"The role of women in the society has changed. They are no more defined by the man their lives... we have our individual lives, dreams and aspirations. We are trying to lead our lives on our own terms.
"It is heartening to see so many women-centric films being made. So many actresses are taking up such roles and these films are doing commercially well," Vidya said during a media conference here ahead of her forthcoming film "Kahaani 2".
"But the root cause for all this is change is happening around us. That is the reality and cinema is the reflection of reality," shared the actress.
Directed by Sujoy Ghosh, Kahaani 2 also stars Arjun Rampal. It is slated to release on December 2.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)