Here's Why Junior NTR Turned Down 'Brahmotsavam'
Mahesh Babu was not the first choice for Telugu family drama 'Brahmotsavam'!
Chennai: Superstar Mahesh Babu was not the first choice for Telugu family drama 'Brahmotsavam', which is currently running in theatres. The project was first offered to actor Jr. NTR, who turned down the offer as he was unhappy with its script.
"Director Srikanth Addala's first choice was NTR, and he was approached with the project over a year ago. Although NTR liked the idea, he wanted some changes to be incorporated in the script and expected it to be rewritten," a source said.
NTR had given Addala an ultimatum, to return with a fresh draft of the script.
"Despite waiting for months, Addala didn't come up with a satisfactory script. Hence, NTR was left with no option other than to move on. It was around the same time he'd signed director Sukumar's 'Nannaku Prematho'," the source said.
'Nannaku Prematho' released earlier this year and was very well received.
Meanwhile, 'Brahmotsavam' is heading towards a disaster at the ticket window.
Recommended For You
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- FIFA Fines Brazil, Argentina, Mexico for Homophobic Chanting
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users