I Am Trying to Create Manto's World Around Me: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
The 42-year-old star will be essaying the role of the renowned short story writer in the biopic directed by Nandita Das.
Image: Twitter/Nawazuddin Siddiqui
New Delhi: "...And it is also possible, that Saadat Hasan dies, but Manto remains alive," and revisiting the essence of this quote by Saadat Hasan Manto, actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui is trying to build the writer's world around himself.
The 42-year-old star, who will be essaying the role of the renowned short story writer in the biopic directed by Nandita Das, said he has been watching Manto's plays and reading his literature to get into the zone of his character.
"I am preparing myself for the role of Manto. I have been watching his plays, listening to that era's music, reading Manto and about him. If I get 10-15 days before the shooting starts I will try to create his world around me by putting up posters of Ismat Chugtai and the likes in my room," Siddiqui said during Bharat Rang Mahotsav at National School of Drama.
The movie traces the author's journey, his relationship with his wife and his life post Partition in Lahore. Actress Rasika Dugal will be playing Manto's wife Safiyah. Nawazuddin's first look from the film was recently released on Twitter.
Recommended For You
- Under The Skin, Behind The Scenes: Creating Fashion Week's Glamorous Makeup Looks
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Exudes Elegance in this Traditional Outfit; See Pics
- The Legend of Burnt Wine a.k.a Brandy Came From the Blandest of French Grapes
- Anushka Showers Love On Virat After India Wins Over SA, Says 'What A Guy!'
- Has Kangana Ranaut Hired Hrithik Roshan's Ex Manager?