I Don't Think Indian Showbiz Is Fairness Driven: Ileana D'Cruz
A file photo of Ileana D'Cruz
Mumbai: Actress Ileana D'Cruz, who endorses Pond's White Beauty, believes Indian showbiz is not driven by skin colour.
She doesn't consider herself fair and says she falls in "the tanned category".
"I don't consider myself fair. I think I am in the tanned category. I don't think we are fairness driven. We have some actresses and models who are really dusky and gorgeous, and I truly believe skin colour doesn't matter," Ileana told IANS.
"I feel being healthy is beautiful and being happy is beautiful. That's what I endorse," Ileana said.
The Barfi! actress spoke on the sidelines of an event by Pond's Institute on Tuesday. The event highlighted the skin care innovations that Pond's is working on towards in their mission to 'Future-Proof' the skin.
The brand's latest innovation - the My Skin Advisor - a web application was also unveiled here. Ileana demonstrated the software and showed how she uses this technology to be her own skin care expert.
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul