I Don't Think Indian Showbiz Is Fairness Driven: Ileana D'Cruz
A file photo of Ileana D'Cruz
Mumbai: Actress Ileana D'Cruz, who endorses Pond's White Beauty, believes Indian showbiz is not driven by skin colour.
She doesn't consider herself fair and says she falls in "the tanned category".
"I don't consider myself fair. I think I am in the tanned category. I don't think we are fairness driven. We have some actresses and models who are really dusky and gorgeous, and I truly believe skin colour doesn't matter," Ileana told IANS.
"I feel being healthy is beautiful and being happy is beautiful. That's what I endorse," Ileana said.
The Barfi! actress spoke on the sidelines of an event by Pond's Institute on Tuesday. The event highlighted the skin care innovations that Pond's is working on towards in their mission to 'Future-Proof' the skin.
The brand's latest innovation - the My Skin Advisor - a web application was also unveiled here. Ileana demonstrated the software and showed how she uses this technology to be her own skin care expert.
Recommended For You
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- Remembering AmmaDid Jayalalithaa and Karunanidhi Ever Work Together?
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility