I Don't Think Indian Showbiz Is Fairness Driven: Ileana D'Cruz
She doesn't consider herself fair and says she falls in 'the tanned category'.
A file photo of Ileana D'Cruz
Mumbai: Actress Ileana D'Cruz, who endorses Pond's White Beauty, believes Indian showbiz is not driven by skin colour.
She doesn't consider herself fair and says she falls in "the tanned category".
"I don't consider myself fair. I think I am in the tanned category. I don't think we are fairness driven. We have some actresses and models who are really dusky and gorgeous, and I truly believe skin colour doesn't matter," Ileana told IANS.
"I feel being healthy is beautiful and being happy is beautiful. That's what I endorse," Ileana said.
The Barfi! actress spoke on the sidelines of an event by Pond's Institute on Tuesday. The event highlighted the skin care innovations that Pond's is working on towards in their mission to 'Future-Proof' the skin.
The brand's latest innovation - the My Skin Advisor - a web application was also unveiled here. Ileana demonstrated the software and showed how she uses this technology to be her own skin care expert.
Recommended For You
- Karan Johar's Blast From The Past Will Give You a Mystery to Solve This Weekend
- Monsoon Shootout Review: The Film is a Wishy-Washy Affair
- Rohit, Dhawan Shine as Indian Openers Dominate 2017
- TVS Apache RR 310 Vs KTM RC 390: Specs, Price, Features and Which One is a Better Sports Bike?
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?