I Have to Find Scripts That Excite Me: Saqib Saleem
FIle photo of Saqib Saleem.
New Delhi: Actor Saqib Saleem, who was last seen on screen in the actioner Dishoom, says he is not in a rush to take up movies.
Saqib made his debut in 2011 with the film Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge and since then he has starred in films like Mere Dad Ki Maruti, Bombay Talkies, Hawaa Hawaai" and Dishoom.
"I wouldn't say I am picky (about roles) or I won't even say it is a conscious descision (to do one film in a year)... When I became an actor I told my friends that I wanted to do things that I would be proud of when I'll look back after 10 years... So finding those good films takes time and I'm in no hurry," Saqib told IANS over phone from Mumbai.
Saqib, a brother of actress Huma Qureshi, says that he likes his craft because he enjoys acting.
"So yes, I have to find scripts that excite me... and hence this slightly slow turn out in terms of the films I have been doing. I am hoping that would change soon... I have a couple of releases this year," said the 29-year-old.
Saqib will soon be seen along with Huma in Dobaraa, a remake of Hollywood film Oculus -- a supernatural psychological horror which was directed by Mike Flanagan.
Recommended For You
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas