IFFI to Get Permanent Venue by 50th Edition: Goa CM
A file photo of IFFI 2015
Panaji: The 50th edition of the IFFI in Goa will be held at a new permanent venue, which will be constructed under PPP mode and ready to function by November 2019, Chief Minister Laxmikant Parsekar said on Friday.
He was briefing Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Venkaiah Naidu, who is on a day-long visit to the state.
"During the meeting, the Chief Minister informed Naidu that 50 acres of land had been allotted to the Entertainment Society of Goa (a state government agency which officially hosts the festival) for the development of permanent infrastructure for the International Film Festival of India (IFFI)," a government spokesperson told reporters here.
Naidu suggested during the meeting with Parsekar and state government officials, tasked with creating infrastructure for the international event, that the state authorities should collaborate with a central government Navratna company to raise infrastructure related to the IFFI.
The permanent infrastructure would comprise of a convention centre with a 6,000 capacity, indoor, outdoor exhibition space, a hotel with 600-1,000 room capacity, a multiplex with 12-15 screens and an office complex for DFF and ESG staff.
The IFFI in Goa is being currently held across a range of facilities including an indoor sports stadium, an auditorium, and a privately-run multiplex. Over the years, both the state as well as the central government have expressed the need to host the event at one venue, in order to prevent chaos and streamline the hosting of the event.
"The Information and Broadcasting Minister suggested that the possibility of collaboration with Hindustan Building and Construction Company, a government Navratna company, could be explored for the development of the permanent infrastructure for IFFI," the spokesperson said, adding that the minister also emphasized on the need for creating permanent infrastructure for the IFFI in time for its 50th edition.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home