I'm a Big Fan of Vidya Balan, Says Gauahar Khan
(Photo: Yogen Shah)
Mumbai: Bollywood actress and Big Boss winner Gauahar Khan on Thursday said she was advised not to do a lot of things but she has "broken all the norms and plans to break even more".
"People told me not to do Bigg Boss, I did it and won the show. Then I was told that if in my first film I am not opposite Ranbir Kapoor I should not do the film, I did that and my character was the most remembered female character.
"Then people told me that if I do only songs I will be tagged as an item girl but I have broken all the norms... I plan to break still more," said Gauahar, who was speaking at a press conference on the success of her film Begum Jaan on Thursday.
"If you can dream it you can achieve it, if you can believe it you can achieve it," Gauahar added further.
Gauhar Khan's "Begum Jaan", which is a period drama film, written and directed by National Award-winning director Srijit Mukherji, was released on April 14 and got a good response from the audience.
The movie stars Vidya Balan in the lead role.
"I am a very big fan of Vidya Balan and I got a compliment that even in her presence, my role was distinct, I feel very humbled," Gauahar said.
Gauhar khan is well-known for her films like Ishaqzaade, Rocket Singh and Fever.
She was also the winner of Big Boss Season 7, a reality show on Colors TV.
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Antalya Open: Ramkumar Stuns World Number 8 Thiem to Enter Quarters
- Ivanka Trump Fashion Choices: 12 Times Trump's Daughter Made Headlines