Indian of the Year 2015: Nominees in Entertainment Category
The countdown for the CNN-News18 Indian of the year has begun. Here are the nominees in the entertainment category.
The countdown for the CNN-News18 Indian of the year has begun. Here are the nominees in the entertainment category-
1. Priyanka Chopra
Priyanka Chopra continued her Bollywood success in 2015 with two major hits - 'Dil Dhadakne do' and 'Bajirao Mastani'. Known for pushing her own boundaries, she went on to be the first South Asian woman to headline an American network series - Quantico.
2. Ranveer Singh
He has emerged as the most bankable young star in Bollywood and delivered solid performances in two very different films in the same calendar year - 'Dil Dhadakne do' and 'Bajirao Mastani'.
3. Sanjay Leela Bhansali
A film director, producer, screen writer & music director, Sanjay Leela Bhansali has directed and produced the epic historical ‘BajiraoMastani’, a masterful work of art, described by many as the 21st century’s Mughal-e-Azam.
4. SS Rajamouli
An incredible genius, he directed ‘Baahubali: The Beginning’, which became a pan-India mega success & third highest global grossing Indian film of all time.
5. Team Piku
They turned a simple story about father-daughter relationship and constipation into the most charming film of the year.
6. Team Talvar
The team reignited and mobilised interest in an important case through an excellent, well-researched and powerful no-frills film.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Vikas Gupta Plans To Divide His Entire Prize Money Between These Two Contestants
- These Photos Prove All Is Well Between Varun Dhawan And Rumoured Girlfriend Natasha
- Rafael Nadal Says Lower-ranked Players Need More Money
- 'We Have Jobs To Do': Twitter Rejects Milind Soman's 7-Hour Marathon Proposal
- Let's Take Padmaavat For What It Is- A Film, Not A Community Validation Stamp