Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium Made Tax-free in Maharashtra
Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium has been declared tax-free by the government of Maharashtra, the film's producer said on Thursday.
Image: Youtube/ A still from the trailer of Hindi Medium
Mumbai: Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium has been declared tax-free by the government of Maharashtra, the film's producer said on Thursday.
"I would like to thank Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for announcing our film Hindi Medium as tax-free in the state. The film has already got a tax exemption in Gujarat. We are very glad to share the news," producer Bhushan Bhushan told media here during a special screening of the film.
Actor Irrfan Khan, who was also present at the screening, said: "This is a great step, more people will watch the movie as it is tax-free now. The film addresses a social issue and it is a family entertainer. So it needs to reach a wider audience. I hope the film gets tax exemption in other states as well."
The screening was attended by celebrities like Imtiaz Ali, Sushant Singh Rajput, Swara Bhaskar, Sonal Chawla, Deepak Dobriyal, among others.
Hindi Medium is releasing on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Padmavati: It's Tough to Take Eyes Off Deepika As Rani Padmavati
- Tata Nexon Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 5.85 Lakhs
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: India Announce 21-member Squad for Tournament
- 10 Best Crime Thrillers That Promise Goosebumps And Excitement
- Rahul Dev Guides You About Battle Ropes Workout