Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium Made Tax-free in Maharashtra
Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium has been declared tax-free by the government of Maharashtra, the film's producer said on Thursday.
Image: Youtube/ A still from the trailer of Hindi Medium
Mumbai: Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium has been declared tax-free by the government of Maharashtra, the film's producer said on Thursday.
"I would like to thank Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for announcing our film Hindi Medium as tax-free in the state. The film has already got a tax exemption in Gujarat. We are very glad to share the news," producer Bhushan Bhushan told media here during a special screening of the film.
Actor Irrfan Khan, who was also present at the screening, said: "This is a great step, more people will watch the movie as it is tax-free now. The film addresses a social issue and it is a family entertainer. So it needs to reach a wider audience. I hope the film gets tax exemption in other states as well."
The screening was attended by celebrities like Imtiaz Ali, Sushant Singh Rajput, Swara Bhaskar, Sonal Chawla, Deepak Dobriyal, among others.
Hindi Medium is releasing on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Protests Against Padmavati Rage at Chittorgarh Fort, Shots Fired in Air
- Bigg Boss 11: Bandagi Kalra's Father Hospitalised After Her Excessive PDA with Puneesh Sharma Inside the House?
- Tesla Semi Electric Truck Unveiled, Gets Electric Range of 800 Km
- Designer Duo Gauri-Nainika's Debut Shoe Range Is The Ultimate Party Footwear You Were Looking For
- OnePlus 5T Launch Set For Tonight: Here's What The Bezel-Less Smartphone Will Offer