JK Rowling Hints at Trump's Hate Speech Involvement in Kansas Shooting
File photo of JK Rowling.
Known for her political thoughts and opinions, celebrated writer JK Rowling has condemned the recent Kansas shooting where an Indian engineer was shot to death by a white man. Being touted as a hate crime, Rowling reportedly slammed US President Donald Trump indirectly for spreading and supporting such hate.
Retweeting Indian Author Anand Giridhardas' tweet on Kansan crime, Rowling wrote, "Why hate speech isn't funny. Language has consequences". The author brought to light Giridhardas' thread of tweets where he has expressed and explained how it greatly matters what politicians says.
Why hate speech isn't funny. Language has consequences.
Thread 👇🏻 https://t.co/2IQaxf9kUi
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) February 25, 2017
Giridhardas has slammed the White House for denying and links between the shooting and President Trump's rhetoric on immigrants. JK Rowling has given her support to Giridhardas, clearly hinting that she too believes that Trump's hate words have affected the criminal in one way or other.
I am shocked by the murder of Srinivas Kuchibhotla in Kansas, and want to share some things I learned reporting on a similar crime in Texas.
— Anand Giridharadas (@AnandWrites) February 25, 2017
The shooting has prompted cHioncern that Trump's stance on immigration and jobs has fueled a climate of intolerance.
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Antalya Open: Ramkumar Stuns World Number 8 Thiem to Enter Quarters
- Sridevi Opens Up About Rejecting Baahubali, Rajamouli's Comments
- Ivanka Trump Fashion Choices: 12 Times Trump's Daughter Made Headlines