Kadal: Thulasi, Gautham are ready to surprise you
The film is going to feature Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair in the roles of Thomas and Beatrice.
New Delhi: Over the years, Mani Ratnam has built a reputation for himself. Be it in Tamil or be it in Hindi, he has always targeted the social evils. Once again, the acclaimed director has returned with 'Kadal' which talks about how faith leads to the evolution of a conscience.
The film is going to feature Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair in the roles of Thomas and Beatrice as this is a story about a group of Christian fishermen. Gautham is the son of actor Karthik Muthuraman while Thulasi is the daughter of actress Radha in real life.
The film has created a lot of buzz due to the freshness of its promos which showcases different moods of Thulasi and Gautham. AR Rahman's music is another attraction of the film. Amitabh Bachchan openly praised the music of 'Kadal', "The music of AR Rahman plays from his latest film of Maniratnam 'Kadal' ... that strain again, tis' not so sweet again as it was before .. ahh .. yes it plays again ... lyrical, endearing and beautiful ... music the food of love .. and 'Kadal' love ... !"
Arvind Swamy is making a comeback to films with 'Kadal', he has done just one film in last 12 years, he will be enacting the role of Sam in the film.
Mani Ratnam believes in storytelling through visuals rather than words. Even some of his unsuccessful films are a feast for eyes, can you forget the stunning cinematography of 'Raavan'!
Thulasi Nair has joined films at a tender age but she feels indebted to Mani Ratnam, she told so in an interview with IANS, "This may be my first appearance in front of the camera but I had no problem facing it because it was just an object for me."
She further said, "Mani sir helped me to bring the out the character which was already hidden within me and since acting runs in my genes, it wasn't difficult."
Thulasi's journey to become the heroine of 'Kadal' wasn't easy as it was really difficult for a newcomer to impress a perfectionist like Mani Ratnam. A lot of actresses were considered to play the character of Beatrice. Initially, Akshara Haasan, Kamal Haasan's daughter, was supposed to play the role but she wasn't finalised. Then there were rumours that Sonam Kapoor may become the female lead of 'Kadal' but it also turned out to be false. Samantha and Jhanvi Kapoor's name also popped up but ultimately Thulasi was selected for the role.
Mani Ratnam's long and illustrated career as a filmmaker is enough inspiration for the audiences but will he be able to come up with another hard-hitting drama? All we need to do is to wait for some hours to figure this out. (With inputs from IANS)
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Syrian, Russian Air Strikes Kill 25 Civilians in Syria, Says Human Rights Group
- UN Aid Convoy in Syria Hit by Airstrike; UN Outraged
- UN Aid Chief Warns of 'Unparalleled' Catastrophe in Aleppo
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18