Kamal Haasan Dedicates Chevalier Award to His Admirers, Audience
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan on Sunday said he would like to dedicate the Chevalier award de L'Ordre Arts et Letters, conferred by the French government, to his admirers and audience. He also said the honour humbles him.
"I dedicate this award to my admirers and audience who give me the tenacity of purpose to pursue to this day in moment my arts and letters," Haasan said in an audio message.
He said he realized he is not alone in his chosen field.
"Teachers and admirers are bounded around me. With motherly care, they have applauded my every little step forward. The melancholy of my parents not being alive to see this day is allayed by the fact the elders and the young in my family are around to enjoy it," he said.
The award is presented to recognize eminent artists and writers, as well as people who have contributed significantly to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world.
Other Indian recipients of the award include late Tamil actor Sivaji Ganeshan, Amitabh Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Nandita Das and Shah Rukh Khan.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands