Kamal Haasan Discharged from Hospital
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who was under medical care at a private hospital here over the last couple of weeks due to a leg injury, was discharged on Friday.
"Kamal sir was discharged earlier this morning. He still hasn't completely recovered. He can barely move, so doctors have advised him to rest for the next few weeks," a source close to the actor told IANS.
Haasan was hospitalised after he fell off the stairs at his residence last month.
The fall resulted in three fractures and he had to undergo surgery for the same.
The unfortunate injury also resulted in the postponement of shoot of his upcoming trilingual comedy Sabash Naidu.
"The second schedule of the film was supposed to start in July. However, following the accident, it has been postponed to September. This in turn has delayed the release of the film which was earlier scheduled to hit the screens in December," he said.
Haasan is directing as well playing the lead in Sabash Naidu, which is simultaneously being made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
Also starring Ramya Krishnan, Shruti Haasan, Brahmanandam and Saurabh Shukla, Sabash Naidu is based on the spin-off of Balram Naidu character from Haasan's 2010 Tamil blockbuster Dasavatharam.
Recommended For You
- World's Biggest Cricket Stadium Will be in India Soon, Construction Begins
- Barack Obama Spills The Beans On How He Survived The White House Years
- Rahul Gandhi Trolled For 'Torn Kurta' Antic During His Speech In Rishikesh
- Saif Ali Khan Responds to Criticism Over Naming His Son Taimur
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know