Kamal Haasan Discharged from Hospital
Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who was under medical care at a private hospital here over the last couple of weeks due to a leg injury, was discharged on Friday.
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who was under medical care at a private hospital here over the last couple of weeks due to a leg injury, was discharged on Friday.
"Kamal sir was discharged earlier this morning. He still hasn't completely recovered. He can barely move, so doctors have advised him to rest for the next few weeks," a source close to the actor told IANS.
Haasan was hospitalised after he fell off the stairs at his residence last month.
The fall resulted in three fractures and he had to undergo surgery for the same.
The unfortunate injury also resulted in the postponement of shoot of his upcoming trilingual comedy Sabash Naidu.
"The second schedule of the film was supposed to start in July. However, following the accident, it has been postponed to September. This in turn has delayed the release of the film which was earlier scheduled to hit the screens in December," he said.
Haasan is directing as well playing the lead in Sabash Naidu, which is simultaneously being made in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
Also starring Ramya Krishnan, Shruti Haasan, Brahmanandam and Saurabh Shukla, Sabash Naidu is based on the spin-off of Balram Naidu character from Haasan's 2010 Tamil blockbuster Dasavatharam.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Movie Review: Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Visual Spectacle Belongs To Ranveer Singh
- Akshay Kumar Slammed On Twitter for Waving ABVP Flag at 'PadMan' Event
- Umaid Bhawan in Jodhpur Named In World's Best Hotels List For 2018
- Padmaavat: All That Went Into Designing Ranveer Singh, Shahid Kapoor's War Armor
- National Girl Child Day: A Look at the Women Achievers Who Made India Proud