Kamal Haasan Turns 62; Requests Fans to Not Celebrate
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Veteran actor Kamal Haasan turned 62 today, but there were no celebrations by the actor's fans following his plea against any revelry, citing the hospitalisation of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
The actor's birthday comes barely a week after his partner of 13 years, Gautami Tadmimalla, had announced separating from him without specifying any reason. A close associate of the actor said that no birthday celebrations were being conducted by the fans of the Vishwaroopam star.
Shruti Haasan, the actor's daughter who also shares screen space with him in the trilingual Sabash Naidu was among those who greeted him. "Happy birthday to my darling daddy dearest," she wrote on her Twitter page. The multi-lingual actor also linked a Instagram picture of her seen with her father.
Earlier, Haasan had asked his 'welfare clubs,' as he defines them, to stay away from any celebrations, keeping in mind Jayalalithaa's health. The CM is in hospital since September 22 after she complained of fever and dehydration.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Movie ReviewLa La Land Review: Ryan-Emma's Story Is A Well-Crafted Musical
- Indian Super LeagueISL 2016: Team has Enough Bench Strength to Quell Forlan Absence, Says Mumbai Coach
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings