Kamal Haasan Turns 62; Requests Fans to Not Celebrate
Kamal Haasan turned 62 today, but there were no celebrations by the actor's fans following his plea against any revelry.
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Veteran actor Kamal Haasan turned 62 today, but there were no celebrations by the actor's fans following his plea against any revelry, citing the hospitalisation of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
The actor's birthday comes barely a week after his partner of 13 years, Gautami Tadmimalla, had announced separating from him without specifying any reason. A close associate of the actor said that no birthday celebrations were being conducted by the fans of the Vishwaroopam star.
Shruti Haasan, the actor's daughter who also shares screen space with him in the trilingual Sabash Naidu was among those who greeted him. "Happy birthday to my darling daddy dearest," she wrote on her Twitter page. The multi-lingual actor also linked a Instagram picture of her seen with her father.
Earlier, Haasan had asked his 'welfare clubs,' as he defines them, to stay away from any celebrations, keeping in mind Jayalalithaa's health. The CM is in hospital since September 22 after she complained of fever and dehydration.
Recommended For You
- Dunkirk Movie Review: A Riveting, Overwhelming Piece of Cinema
- Maruti Suzuki Launches Baleno Alpha CVT For Rs 8.34 Lakhs
- I Never Call The Paparazzi, They Just Turn Up: Sonam Kapoor on Airport Looks
- ICC Women's World Cup 2017: India's Road to the Final
- Pahlaj Nihalani Explains The Need To Cut Words In Amartya Sen Documentary