'Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3' review: It's underwhelming both in its raunchiness and its level of humour
For a film that boldly advertises itself as a 'porn-com', Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 is surprisingly limp. It's underwhelming both in its raunchiness and its level of humor – frankly, I've read jokes forwarded on Whatsapp that are more naughty than anything in this film.
Just consider its recycled premise: Two hard-on-their-luck buddies, Kanhaiyya (Tusshar Kapoor) and Rocky (Aftab Shivdasani), move to Thailand and reluctantly become adult film actors on the insistence of their friend Mickey (Krushna Abhishek), who casts them in a string of porn parodies of popular Bollywood hits. All’s going well for the boys, until Kanhaiyya falls in love with Shalu (Mandana Karimi). Now he must pass off his porn star friends as his family to make an impression on his girlfriend’s 'sanskari' father (Darshan Jariwala).
From a rat that crawls its way up into a young man’s crotch, and a dog that twice gives an old man oral pleasure, to an excitable horse, and even a macaw that is repeatedly referred to as 'popat' (you get it!), Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3 makes a strong case for cruelty to animals, when it isn’t pounding the viewer with its puerile jokes. Featuring a whole roster of former Big Boss contestants, the film’s idea of humor involves busty starlets moaning suggestively and getting the men all hot and bothered. There are the inevitable scenes of drag (Vidya Balan might want to sue), countless over-used puns, and obligatory in-jokes…all of which are scripted, delivered, and directed with neither imagination nor much flair.
I'm going with half out of five for Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3. The half star is strictly for those poor animals who shouldn’t have to suffer in vain.
Rating: 0.5 / 5
What's your reaction to 'Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3'?
Write your review:
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official