Madras HC Declines to Restrain 'Kabali' Release
A still from the movie 'Kabali'.
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday declined to restrain release of superstar Rajinikanth-starrer Kabali on a petition filed by a film distribution firm seeking compensation for losses reportedly incurred by them over distribution of the actor's previous film Lingaa.
Justice MM Sundresh dismissed the interim application filed by the firm, Sukra Films, declining to stall the release of the movie.
The film distribution firm had on Wednesday filed a petition seeking a direction to restrain release of Kabali until the actor paid Rs 89 lakh, promised as compensation, for losses allegedly incurred by it over Lingaa, which was released in 2014.
Petitioner R Mahaprabhu of Sukra films had submitted that Rajini-starrer Lingaa had bombed at the box office despite assurances given by its producer Rockline Venkatesh, the director and the actor.
Kabali released on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, Nokia 5 Price and Specifications in Pictures
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands