Madras High Court Dismisses Paternity Suit Against Actor Dhanush
Last year, a couple - Kathiresan and Meenakshi - had filed the petition in the magistrate's court in Melur in Madurai district in Tamil Nadu.
Image: A file photo of Dhanush.
It is a big relief for actor Dhanush as the Madurai Bench of the Madurai High Court quashed charges against the actor in a paternity row case.
Last year, an elderly couple - Kathiresan and Meenakshi - had filed the petition in the magistrate's court in Melur in Madurai district in Tamil Nadu.
The elderly couple had claimed that the actor was their son and that he ran away when he was in class 11 to pursue a career in acting.
The couple had even submitted his birth certificate, class 10 certificate and physical identification proof. Dhanush had approached the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court to set aside the proceedings in the magistrate's court saying that the case was aimed at extracting money from him.
On February 28, 2017, Madurai Bench had ordered the actor to appear before it to check the couple's identification marks' claim. Dhanush was examined by the Madurai Medical College to check if the identification marks matched. The actor refused a DNA test.
The report was submitted before the court refuting the couple's claim. The report, however, added that it's possible to remove superficial moles using laser technology but scars can't be removed.
Recommended For You
- Is Ranveer Singh The Best Kisser? Here’s What Deepika Padukone Has To Say
- IPL Auction 2018: All You Need to Know About the Big Days
- These Chinese Quiz Games Are Offering Millions of Cash Prizes For 10-Second Rapid Fire Questions
- Sonam Kapoor's Latest Fashion Experiment Is Winning Our Hearts; See Pics
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant