Malayalam Actor Sreejith Ravi in Police Custody For Misbehaving With Minor Girls
A file photo of Sreejith Ravi.
Palakkad: Upcoming Malayalam film actor Sreejith Ravi has been taken into custody by the Ottapalam police following complaints from a few school girls of misbehaviour.
Speaking to IANS, an official attached to the Ottapalam police station confirmed that Ravi is in their custody.
"We are verifying the complaint against him by school girls and only after verification would there be further action. So far no arrest has been recorded," said the official who did not wish to be identified.
The actor was taken into custody after a group of school girls alleged that he exposed himself before them, which has been denied by him.
The incident occurred last month.
Ravi, an engineer by profession, is the son of hugely popular actor T.G. Ravi who has been in the industry for the past more than four decades.
Ravi jr began his film career in 2005 and has donned the grease paint in more than 50 films, including Nallu Penunngel directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan.
Some of his other popular films include Chanthupottu and Mission 90 Days, which tells the tale of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner