Malayalam Actor Sreejith Ravi in Police Custody For Misbehaving With Minor Girls
A file photo of Sreejith Ravi.
Palakkad: Upcoming Malayalam film actor Sreejith Ravi has been taken into custody by the Ottapalam police following complaints from a few school girls of misbehaviour.
Speaking to IANS, an official attached to the Ottapalam police station confirmed that Ravi is in their custody.
"We are verifying the complaint against him by school girls and only after verification would there be further action. So far no arrest has been recorded," said the official who did not wish to be identified.
The actor was taken into custody after a group of school girls alleged that he exposed himself before them, which has been denied by him.
The incident occurred last month.
Ravi, an engineer by profession, is the son of hugely popular actor T.G. Ravi who has been in the industry for the past more than four decades.
Ravi jr began his film career in 2005 and has donned the grease paint in more than 50 films, including Nallu Penunngel directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan.
Some of his other popular films include Chanthupottu and Mission 90 Days, which tells the tale of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination.
Recommended For You
- Bumrah Hits Out at Jaipur Police Ad Mocking Him
- BCCI Extends Timeline for Fresh Applications for Vacant Coach Job
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Tubelight Review: Recommended Strictly For Salman's Die-hard Fans
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage