Malayalam Actor Sreejith Ravi in Police Custody For Misbehaving With Minor Girls
A file photo of Sreejith Ravi.
Palakkad: Upcoming Malayalam film actor Sreejith Ravi has been taken into custody by the Ottapalam police following complaints from a few school girls of misbehaviour.
Speaking to IANS, an official attached to the Ottapalam police station confirmed that Ravi is in their custody.
"We are verifying the complaint against him by school girls and only after verification would there be further action. So far no arrest has been recorded," said the official who did not wish to be identified.
The actor was taken into custody after a group of school girls alleged that he exposed himself before them, which has been denied by him.
The incident occurred last month.
Ravi, an engineer by profession, is the son of hugely popular actor T.G. Ravi who has been in the industry for the past more than four decades.
Ravi jr began his film career in 2005 and has donned the grease paint in more than 50 films, including Nallu Penunngel directed by Adoor Gopalakrishnan.
Some of his other popular films include Chanthupottu and Mission 90 Days, which tells the tale of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination.
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away
- Amit Sadh Begins Shooting For Sarkar 3
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18