My wife received more appreciation calls for 'Thozha': Akkineni Nagarjuna
Actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said on Saturday that his wife Amala's phone hasn't stopped ringing since the release of his Tamil-Telugu bilingual ‘Thozhaa, an adaptation of French drama ‘The Intouchables’.
Chennai: Actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said on Saturday that his wife Amala's phone hasn't stopped ringing since the release of his Tamil-Telugu bilingual ‘Thozhaa, an adaptation of French drama ‘The Intouchables’.
‘People who couldn't reach me have reached out to my wife and have passed on the appreciation for the film. The success has proved that not all good films are art films,’ Nagarjuna said here on the sidelines of film's thanks meet.
Directed by Vamshi Paidipally, the film also starred Karthi and Tamannaah Bhatia.
Nagarjuna also said that he's happy that Tamil audiences have accepted his effort to dub in his own voice.
‘It was Karthi who insisted that I dub for the Tamil version. I'm glad it paid off and audiences have wholeheartedly appreciated my effort,’ he said.
Thanking the entire team of ‘Thozha’, which also released in Telugu as ‘Oopiri’, Nagarjuna said he will miss working with Karthi.
On a concluding note, both Karthi and Nagarjuna said that they're ready for ‘Thozha 2’.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- DHONI DILEMMAMS Dhoni May Play Warm-Up Games Against England Before ODI Series
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- Starry nightVirat-Anushka to Saif-Kareena: The Star Studded Birthday Bash of Manish Malhotra