My wife received more appreciation calls for 'Thozha': Akkineni Nagarjuna
Actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said on Saturday that his wife Amala's phone hasn't stopped ringing since the release of his Tamil-Telugu bilingual ‘Thozhaa, an adaptation of French drama ‘The Intouchables’.
Chennai: Actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said on Saturday that his wife Amala's phone hasn't stopped ringing since the release of his Tamil-Telugu bilingual ‘Thozhaa, an adaptation of French drama ‘The Intouchables’.
‘People who couldn't reach me have reached out to my wife and have passed on the appreciation for the film. The success has proved that not all good films are art films,’ Nagarjuna said here on the sidelines of film's thanks meet.
Directed by Vamshi Paidipally, the film also starred Karthi and Tamannaah Bhatia.
Nagarjuna also said that he's happy that Tamil audiences have accepted his effort to dub in his own voice.
‘It was Karthi who insisted that I dub for the Tamil version. I'm glad it paid off and audiences have wholeheartedly appreciated my effort,’ he said.
Thanking the entire team of ‘Thozha’, which also released in Telugu as ‘Oopiri’, Nagarjuna said he will miss working with Karthi.
On a concluding note, both Karthi and Nagarjuna said that they're ready for ‘Thozha 2’.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh in India
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle