Nagarjuna's Son Akhil Akkineni Quashes Engagement Rumours
A file photo of Akhil Akkineni.
Mumbai: Telugu doyen Nagarjuna's younger son Akhil Akkineni is in love. But contrary to rumours, he is not engaged to his love interest as yet.
"You have heard that I am engaged? No, that is untrue. I am not yet engaged. All I've done is, introduce the girl that I'm seeing to (my) parents. That's all," Akhil said.
Choosing not to name the girl in public for now, Akhil said: "She is a family friend. I've known her for a long time. She is very far removed from the public glare. So, until there is some major development in our relationship, I'd like to keep her away from the media for as long as I can."
Akhil, who dotes on his parents, says he would do nothing to offend them. Apparently, the girls' parents insisted Akhil introduces her to his parents.
"My parents are super chilled out. But not all families are like mine. So, some protocol has to be followed. You see, Telugu families are quite formal about certain things," he said.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet