Nasir Saab Was the Only Man I Ever Loved: Asha Parekh
For years, the entertainment business has known of the celebrated actress' long-standing relationship with Hussain who introduced her in Dil Deke Dekho in 1959.
A file photo of Asha Parekh
Mumbai: Yesteryear actress Asha Parekh says the late filmmaker Nasir Hussain was the only man she ever loved.
For years, the entertainment business has known of the celebrated actress' long-standing relationship with Hussain who not only introduced her in Dil Deke Dekho in 1959, they went on to collaborate on seven feature films, all superhits including Teesri Manzil and Caravan.
They also a shared a personal relationship that has come to light in Asha Parekh's new autobiography The Hit Girl.
On the need to speak out about the love of her life, the actress said: "Yes, Nasir Saab was the only man I ever loved. It would've been worthless to write an autobiography if I didn't write about the people who mattered in my life."
She credits her co-author for putting that part of her life. "My co-author Khalid Mohamed handled the whole episode so discreetly and gracefully."
Asha Parekh reveals that she never got married as she never wanted to take Hussain away from his family.
"I was never a homebreaker. There was never any ill will between me and Nasir Saab's family. In fact, I was so happy to see Nusrat (Hussain's daughter) and Imran Khan (grandson) at my book launch. I feel I've lived my life decently and without hurting anyone."
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 11: Twitter Loses Its Collective Calm As Hina Khan Calls Africa a 'Country'
- Alastair Cook Feels Ben Stokes Incident Has Changed the World for Team England
- Canadian Filmmaker Elisa Paloschi on Documenting The Inspiring Life of South India's First Female Taxi Driver
- Inside Photos from Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma's Wedding After Party
- How to Improve Your Child's IQ during 6 different Stages?