Pawan Kalyan, Suriya, Prithviraj Join Hands for Mumbai Film Fest
A file photo of Pawan Kalyan, Suriya, Prithviraj.
Mumbai: Leading southern film stars Pawan Kalyan, Suriya and Prithviraj Sukumaran along with their Bollywood counterparts Riteish Deshmukh, John Abraham and filmmaker Paresh Mokashi have pledged their support for this year's Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival.
The event is organised by the Mumbai Academy of Moving Image (MAMI).
"The Call for Entries films feature diverse talents from across India and illustrates that cinema is truly an art form that unites. I am extremely grateful to them all for participating in this initiative and encouraging filmmakers across India to send us their films," Anupama Chopra, the festival director, said in a statement.
Last year saw the likes of Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor, Karan Johar, Vidhu Vinod Chopra and Rajkumar Hirani with Chopra and filmmaker Chaitanya Tamhane participate in the Call for Entries.
Last month, Anushka Sharma, Ranveer Singh and Suriya -- all avid supporters of MAMI -- announced the Call for Entries for this year's edition of the festival.
The final submission deadline for the festival ends on August 10.
Recommended For You
- ICC Still Open to Negotiate, Offers BCCI USD 390 Million
- Honor 8 Pro First Look: The 6GB RAM Competitor to OnePlus 3t
- Kareena, Karisma, Malaika, Amrita Step Out In Style For Brunch, See Pics
- Facebook's Adit Vaidya, On How Groups Can Help 184 Million Monthly Active Indian Users
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It