DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Performing artiste, comedian V D Rajappan passes away
Rajappan, 70, was ailing for the past few years.
Kottayam: One of Kerala's most popular Kadhaprasangam (story telling) artistes and film comedian V.D. Rajappan died on Thursday at a private hospital here, family sources said.
Rajappan, 70, was ailing for the past few years. He is survived by his wife and two sons.
The last rites would take place on Friday near here.
In the yesteryears, Kadhaprasangam was a hugely popular performing art in the state.
It is performed by just one person who tells the story by acting, singing and speaking and at times playing musical instruments as well.
Rajappan did value addition in this this dying art form in the form of parody songs into his story telling and was hugely popular in the 70s.
It was based on this he entered the Malayalam film industry and acted in more than 100 films, mostly playing the role of a comedian from 1982 to 2005.
Meleparambil Aanveedu, Alibabayum Arara Kallanmarum, Mutharamkunnu P.O, Kusruthikkaattu are some of his popular films.
Kerala Minister for Cinema Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan said Rajappan was a hugely popular artiste who took the art form to newer heights and helped him to enter the films.
"He will be solely missed, but his 'stories' will be always heard for many years to come," said Radhakrishnan.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Rabada Picks up Stokes
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings