Poonam Pandey's App Gets Banned By Google
Despite the ban, Poonam seemed to be happy.
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actress Poonam Pandey says her newly launched app, which she promised would have "bold" content, has been banned by Google.
"I don't know why. I see many adult magazines on Play Store and App Store. It's interesting that on one hand Google Play Store is suspending the app and on the other some fans are 'complaining' that I am not even nude in the photos," Poonam said. She unveiled the app on Monday.
She also tweeted: "Google has suspended the app but Android users can directly download #ThePoonamPandeyApp from my website."
— Poonam Pandey (@iPoonampandey) April 17, 2017
When we reached Google for a comment, Google spokesperson said: "We don't comment on individual applications. You can check out our policies for more information."
Despite the "ban", Poonam seemed to be happy.
She said: "I am very happy with the response as we got 15,000 downloads in less than 15 minutes."
She said her team had decided that till the time the issue was resolved, everyone could download the app from her official website.
"I would like to appeal to my fans, don't get disheartened. The issue shall be resolved soon."
Poonam was last seen doing a special appearance in the 2017 film Aa Gaya Hero, which starred Govinda.
Poonam made headlines for promising to go topless if the Indian cricket team won the World Cup in 2011.
Recommended For You
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Catches Fire Again; User Injured in AP: Report
- Industry Experts to Discuss Impact of Demonetisation, GST, RERA at Global Indian Realty Summit
- It Takes 15 Minutes For Me To Return To Normalcy After a Show: Zakir Khan
- Priyanka Chopra Trolled For Sporting A Tricolour Scarf On Independence Day
- Hardik Pandya Gifts Father an SUV, Find Out Which One