Priyadarshan's Tamil Film on AIDS Enters Final Round for Golden Globes
A file photo of Priyadarshan
Thiruvananthapuram: Ace filmmaker Priyadarshan's Tamil film Sila Samayangel (Sometimes) on AIDS Awareness has made it to the final round of selection for the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
An excited Priyadarshan told IANS that his film is one of the 10 films and the only one from India in the final round.
"From these 10, five will make it to the Golden Globes, and the film has been cleared for its global premiere by Golden Globes. The HFPA (Hollywood Foreign Press Association) screening will take place on October 6 at Beverly Hills at 7 p.m. at the Real D Screening Room," said Priyadarshan.
The film tells the story of eight characters who arrive at a pathology lab at 9 a.m to give their blood for an AIDS test and it ends at 5 p.m. when the results arrive.
Produced by Vijay and Ganesh, the lead actor in the film is popular south Indian actor Prakash Raj.
Incidentally, this has come at a time when the hugely popular director's 24-year marriage with actress Lissy ended, soon after when his Onam release Oppam, starring superstar Mohanlal turned out to be hit at the box office.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Drinks Water Worth 600 Per Litre to Stay Fit
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- PCB Taking Legal Recourse Against BCCI: Najam Sethi
- Priyanka Chopra Looks Flawless During Her Outing At The Facebook Office
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival