Rajkummar Rao-starrer Newton to Release on August 18
Image: Instagram/ Rajkummar Rao
Mumbai: Award-winning film Newton, starring the "unstoppable" Rajkummar Rao, is set to hit the screens on August 18.
Filmmaker Hansal Mehta tweeted on Tuesday: "And the highly acclaimed 'Newton' releases on August 18. With another stellar act by the unstoppable Rajkummar Rao."
Mehta also posted the film's poster, in which Rajkummar, shielded by a helmet and a military vest, is seen running with an Electronic Voting Machine. The poster's caption reads "Seedha Aadmi Ulti Duniya".
Mehta, who has worked with Rajkummar on films like Shahid and Aligarh, clarified that he is just "an admirer and well wisher" of "Newton", directed by Amit Masurkar.
The film is produced by Manish Mundra of Drishyam Films, the company best known for backing critically-acclaimed projects such as Masaan and Umrika.
Newton won the Art Cinema Award for the Forum section at the 67th Berlin International Film Festival, where it had its world premiere.
It revolves around a clerk placed on election duty in a conflict-ridden area of Chhattisgarh.
Recommended For You
- SRK Completes 25 Years in Bollywood, Thanks Fans For 'Bearing' Him
- 3rd T20I: England Beat South Africa by 19 Runs, Take Series 2-1
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party
- Srikanth Beats Olympic Champion Chen Long to Win Fourth Superseries