Remembering Dr M Balamuralikrishna: 6 Songs That Were Made Evergreen by the Maestro
Iconic Carnatic singer Dr M Balamuralikrishna breathed his last on Tuesday in Chennai after suffering from prolonged illness. The singer, who dedicated his life to Carnatic music and took it to international platform was known for his beautiful compositions.
Having started singing at the young age of 6, the maestro was well versed in viola and violin as well.
Having performed performed in over 25,000 concerts worldwide, the musician is known for legendary collaborations with Pandit Bhimsen Joshi and Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia.
The veteran musician is also credited for composing music and acting in several Kannada films.
Here are a few film songs that the musician was associated with.
Moksha Mukalada from the Malayalam film Swathi Thirunaal
Jamuna Kinare from the film Swathi Thirunaal
Chinna kannan azhaikiran from the Tamil film Kavikuyil
Oru Naal Podhuma from the Tamil film Thiruvilayaadal
And of course this list would be incomplete without the iconic jugalbandi between Pandit Bhimsen Joshi and Dr Balamuralikrishna.
Recommended For You
- Jaws to Pulp Fiction: Drive Away Your Mid-Week Blues With These Classics
- UM Commando Classic and Mojave First Ride Review: Royal Enfield Rival, Finally?
- One Can Act Without Six-pack Abs, But Not Without a Thought: Pankaj Tripathi
- MS Dhoni and I Have Moved On: Julie 2 Actor Opens Up About Her Past Affair
- Rahul Dev Guides You About Battle Ropes Workout